Several good reasons to visit Estonian nature:
- Estonia’s population of wolves and lynxes is one of the strongest in the world.
- Estonia has the world’s leading role in organising the protection and restoring of the European mink
- We have 3-5 times more bears per km2 than our neighbouring countries.
- About 10 per cent of the whole Common Crane population in Europe visit Estonia every autumn.
- Black Stork, Hazel Grouse, Capercaillie and Nutcracker. 40,000 pairs Hazel Grouse nesting here
- Brown bears, wolves, lynxes, European beavers and flying squirrel
- Flocks of Steller´s Eider
- 8 species of woodpeckers
- Compared with Poland, four times as many Ural Owls and six times as many White-backed Woodpeckers breed in Estonia.
- More White-backed Woodpeckers may nest in one national park in Estonia than in the whole of Sweden!
- Atmospheric pine forests – habitats to Ural and Pygmy Owls
- 36 species of Orchids have been found in…
View original post 89 more words